Electronic Travel Authorization

Foreign nationals from visa-exempt countries
who FLY to Canada need an Electronic Travel Authorization


  • What is an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA)?
  • Are there any age exemptions for eTA?
  • How do I apply for an eTA for travel to Canada?
  • What type of information do I need to complete an eTA application?
  • Do I have to apply for an eTA each time I travel to Canada?
  • How long will it take to process my eTA application?
  • I will transit by air through Canada. Do I need an eTA?
  • What happens if I made a mistake (like an email address, nationality or passport number) on my eTA application?
  • I am a Canadian citizen/permanent resident and a citizen of another country. Can i fly to Canada with my non-Canadian passport?
  • Do i have to print anything to prove that i have an eTA?
  • Why am i not receiving any emails about my eTA application?
  • I am from visa-exempt country and am going to enter Canada by car. Do i need an eTA?
  • I have an ESTA and I am visiting the U.S. Can I use my ESTA to enter Canada?